EVENTS: GET VOCAL Workshops
DATE: Thursday 15 September to Saturday 17 September
TIMES: See specific times below
VENUE: RMIT Storey Hall – Swanston Street, Melbourne
BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW
THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER
- 1:00-3:00pm – #1 PERFECTLY PITCHED PARTS with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
*NB: This workshop is for School Students only
FRIDAY 16 SEPTEMBER
- 9:00-10:15am – #2 ARRANGING FOR A CAPPELLA with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 10:30-11:45am – #3 PLANNING FOR ACA-SUCCESS with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 12:45-2:15pm – #4 MASTERCLASSES with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 3:00-5:00pm – #5 PERFECTLY PITCHED PARTS with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER
- 10:45-12:15pm – #7 BASS AND BEATS with Johanna Vinson (USA)
- 4:00-5:30pm – #10 ALL IN, COLLAB & SING with our Panel of Pros (USA/AUS)
FURTHER DETAILS: Click on the workshop or the name of the presenter to learn more.
Johanna Vinson got her start in a cappella with University of Oregon’s Divisi. In addition to being a founding member of one of the first professional female groups in America, Musae, Jo also performed with Delilah on season 3 of “The Sing-Off,” with Element on season 4, and is currently the leading lady in the five-member, Boston-based a cappella group, Overboard.
Johanna is also the voice of the lady bass in the movie Pitch Perfect 2, and is a director at A Cappella Academy, the prestigious summer camp in Los Angeles founded by friends Ben Bram, Rob Dietz, and Avi Kaplan. Jo regularly travels the world performing and teaching, both with her groups and privately, and when she’s home in Houston, she teaches voice lessons and arranges for many a cappella groups across the country.